Last modified: 2005-05-07 by antónio martins
Keywords: omsk | tobolsk | coat of arms | siberia | kazakh | kirghiz | tomsk | steppe | oak leaves | acorns | akmola | alexander band |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Arms of Omsk, adopted in 1785. Tobolʼsk and Omsk are towns in Siberia.
The arms consists of two parts: upper part - with element of Tobolʼskʼs amrs
(because Omsk was a town in Tobolʼsk Namyestnichestvo — Tobolsk Governorat);
lower part - silver field with stylized brick wall.
Victor Lomantsov, 08 Oct 2001
Founded in 1716, Omsk fortress was reorganized into town in 1782. On March 17th 1785, Empress Catherine II the Great signed a decree defining the Arms of Omsk district (uezd) of Tobol'sk province (namestnichestvo):
In the upper part of the shield, the Arms of Tobol'sk are displayed. In the lower, on a silver field, part of a fortified brick line is displayed, because on the Siberian line, this is the main fortress of all.These arms are in use now also. (Note: The two axes